Big thanks, and word up! to a fine Missouri woman - The Girl Who Loves Horror. (http://thegirlwholoveshorror.blogspot.com/) She's kindly given me this versatile blogger accolade, and I am am dead chuffed. Apparently there are rules.....
1) Thank the person who gave you the award. (Ta!)
2) Tell people seven things about yourself
3) Nominate fifteen other blogs to receive said award, and tell them about it.
Being a bit of a newbie to the blogging thing, I'm not sure if I'm even reading fifteen blogs at the moment, so I'll be rolling out number 3 in dribs and drabs. In the meantime, here's those seven things about myself...
1) As it says in my profile, I like robots. The one in my profile picture is a Dingbot, which my brother had back in the 80s. It came with a small map which it could hold and use to navigate somehow - which was at that time one of the most awesome things I'd ever seen. I also love Asimov's robot short stories, WALL:E and Short Circuit. When the machines finally rise up and enslave us all I shall have no fear; I'll be down the robo-disco dancing to Daft Punk and Kraftwerk.
2) I can name all fifty U.S. states - in alphabetical order - despite never having been out of Europe. (I memorised them as part of a bet a while ago.)
3) I have a large gold filling in one of my back teeth - bling indeed.
4) When I was little I crashed my bike, flew straight over the handlebars but managed somehow to land on my feet. I felt like Superman.
5) I could not survive without newspapers or cheese.
6) Although I have no grey hairs on my head, I have found a couple in my eyebrows. I am therefore slightly concerned that I could end up one day looking like a reverse Alistair Darling.
7) Milk no sugar, please!
To start off my list of fifteen, here's couple of smashing blogs:
This Girl Digs Horror http://thisgirldigshorror.blogspot.com/
Ampersand Comics http://ampersandcomics.blogspot.com/
P.S. Proper post actually about horror coming soon. Honest, guv.